Is We Buy Books Legitimate & Safe? Here’s What Our Customers Have to Say
If you’re considering decluttering your bookshelf or you’re trying to make money shifting some unwanted items, you need to know the company you’re sending your books to is legitimate and safe to use.
Firstly, you don’t want to send your books off to a scam artist, and you don’t want them to get lost or damaged on the way. When they do arrive, you want to know that you’ll get what you wanted in the first place, your payment.
We could wax lyrical about our service all day, but we think the best way to show legitimacy and safety is by getting our customers to do it for us. Here’s why We Buy Books is the safest book buyer in the UK.
Is We Buy Books Legitimate?
We have over 9000 Trustpilot reviews, and 92% of our customers give us either an ‘excellent’ or a ‘great’ review. Nevertheless, here are some questions we’re often asked about authenticity and trust – backed up by some of our customer reviews.
We’re Completely Transparent With Our Process
We know that sharing our process means we’re informing our potential customers of what we do and how we do it. If you know what to expect, you know how to judge your experience with us. Our positive reviews are a testament to our ability to deliver a high-quality service. Here’s a short breakdown:
- Use our barcode scanner via the We Buy Books app or enter your barcodes on the online calculator.
- Get an instant cash valuation.
- Send your books to us for FREE.
- We’ll check your items and pay you the next day.
It’s that simple. If you require more information visit the ‘How it Works’ page.
We Won’t Accept Books We Can’t Take
We work on a supply and demand method, so if we reject a book via the online calculator, it’s because we have too many of that particular book in stock. You can wait and try to send the book at a later date, or use an alternative method such as donating to a charity, library or school.
We Maintain Quality Standards By Sticking to a Quality Assessment
We adhere to a strict set of criteria when judging the condition of your books as they are likely to go to other people, so it’s important we consider this. When you’re using We Buy Books, we’d recommend asking yourself:
- Is the book in a suitable state for someone else?
- If I received this book, would I be happy with its condition?
Here’s how to judge the condition of your books:
- New – you haven’t read the book, and it doesn’t have any previous owners, these books bring in the highest value.
- Like new – these books will be in perfect condition, or they’ll be as close to it as possible without being brand new.
- Very good – the book will have minimal signs of wear but nothing that stands out, usually invisible to the naked eye. The binding or pages are worn or the edges of the pages are a little soft.
- Good/Fair – the book is usable but doesn’t look brand new, and it’s probably seen better days! The cover, pages and binding may have some recognisable damage, but it doesn’t compromise reading it.
- Unreadable/unacceptable – the book takes some effort to read; there may be torn pages, stains, notes or highlights and damage to the cover and binding. We wouldn’t be able to accept books of this quality.
To avoid any disappointment, check all your books before you send them and read our condition guidelines. And if you’re unsure of whether to send a particular book, get in touch with our team on 01706 248281 or email email@example.com.
We’ll Send Back or Recycle Any Books That Don’t Meet Our Quality Standards
We appreciate that sometimes books come in and we can’t accept them, which can leave you feeling disappointed. In the event of this happening, we’ll offer you two options:
- We’ll return the book for you, so you can decide on what to do with it (see return postage costs here).
- We can recycle the book for you, so you know it’s being properly disposed of.
We’re an ethical and honest company, so under no circumstances would we decline to pay you for your book and resell it anyway.
Is We Buy Books Safe?
In light of recent events, customers are more concerned about their safety than ever. We strive to make your experience with us as safe as possible; here’s how we do it.Sell Your Books to the UK’s Most Trusted Book Buyer
We Collect Your Books From Your House
We understand that your safety is the main priority in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, so we arrange for a courier to pick up your parcel and deliver it to us.
No trips to the Post Office, sit back and relax while you wait for us to come and collect your books! Here’s what one of our customers had to say about the collection service:
Here is our guide for We Buy Books collections.
We Use Trustworthy Couriers
We team up with Hermes for our collection and delivery service. They maintain a 4.2 average on Trustpilot with over 650,000 reviews, so you know you can work with a delivery service you can trust.Sell Your Books to the UK’s Most Trusted Book Buyer
We Offer Advice On Packing Your Items, So They Don’t Get Damaged in Transit
The last thing you want is to send your items to us in poor packaging and lose value on your order because they’ve become damaged in transit. It leaves us unhappy because we can’t pay you the full amount and you unhappy because you want the total order value.
Read our packaging guidelines for a full breakdown of dos and don’ts.
We Offer Safe & Secure Payments
Once your books have been checked and approved, it’s time to get paid! We offer three types of payment method which are all safe and secure: PayPal, cheque or bank transfer. Let us know which one you prefer, and we’ll do the rest!
View More Reviews On Trustpilot
Need more proof that We Buy Books is a legitimate company that is safe to use? Visit our Trustpilot page and browse our reviews. We’ve got a 4.7 average, so you won’t leave disappointed.
Sell Your Books With the UK’s Most Trusted Book Buyer
If you’re happy with what our customers have to say, you can sell your unwanted books to We Buy Books and generate some cash.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Enter the ISBN number into our price generator or use the We Buy Books app to scan your books for faster checkout.
2. Get an instant valuation, accept your offer and pick your payment method.
3. Box your items, print the postage label and send with our designated courier for FREE.
4. Relax! Once we’ve received your items, we’ll check them and pay you the next day.Sell Your Books to the UK’s Most Trusted Book Buyer