Item Condition Guidelines
Webuybooks.co.uk will not accept items with any of the following defects:
- Fire or smoke damage
- Significant damage or wear to the binding
- Tears to the cover or pages
- Book Club Editions
- Ex-rental copies
- Missing, loose or torn pages
- Strong smell of any kind (including cigarette odour)
- Water, moisture damage, or mould
- Workbooks with writing in them (e.g. tests part or fully completed)
- Missing or wrong discs
- Copied or Pirated discs
- Discs without all of the original packaging, artwork or instructions
- Discs with cracks, deep scratches or that are misshapen
- Items with an ISBN or barcode number different than that on the packaging even if the title is the same
- Access code missing/used
- Badly stained
- Book missing from box set
- Damage to popup
- Items which look like have been chewed on will not be accepted
- Corrected or uncorrected proof copies of books
- Promo copies
- Sound does not work
- Cracked boxsets and multi disc cases
- Print on demand, or self published books.
- FOLIO BOOKS – We will accept Folio books with or without their slip-case.
Any items found missing from an offer will not be paid for.
We can accept items with underlining, highlighting, or annotations on the following conditions:
- There are no crude words or pictures
- These do not cover more than 50% of any given page
- It does not affect the text
- There are no pictures coloured in
- These are not on more than 20% of the books pages.
If a book originally came with a dust jacket, CD or DVD it must accompany the book when shipped to us. Computer manuals and language courses originally issued with a CD will not be accepted without the CD. All CD’s and DVD’s must be in working condition.
Ex-library books are accepted but must be in reasonable condition.
Excessive writing, underlining, and/or highlighting or ‘remainder’ marks on page edges may also result in a reduction of the quoted price or the book being rejected.
A small amount of writing, underlining or highlighting of pages is usually okay, as long as it is on fewer than 20% of the book’s pages.
Discs must not be cracked, dented, have deep scratches or other damage. Light surface scratches are usually acceptable providing it does not impact on the discs ability to play. We require that all the original packaging, artwork, booklets and instructions are present and these should not be defaced or damaged. Cases may have light surface scratches but shall be complete and unbroken.
All orders are subject to our acceptance at our sole discretion. All items are checked by our quality control team. Webuybooks.co.uk will not make payment for any item not meeting the condition guidelines set out on the website and Webuybooks.co.uk decision on this is final. Items that fail the quality process or ones sent that have not been included in the original trade can be returned at the expense of the customer as set out in ‘Return Postage Costs’ below. Any items which the customer does not wish to be returned will be recycled responsibly.
RETURN POSTAGE COSTS
The seller will be informed of any items which have failed the quality control process by email. Should Webuybooks.co.uk not receive any response within 3 working days of the initial email, a phone call will be made to the seller and if necessary a message will be left. If Webuybooks.co.uk receives no response within 24 hours of this phone call the cost of damaged or missing items will be removed from the offer and damaged items responsibly recycled.
*If the book is over 1KG, the postage costs may be more and the seller will be informed of this in advance.