These terms and conditions form the basis on which you can visit us and our website. Please read them carefully as they contain important information.
General terms and conditions
This site is owned and operated by Revival Books Ltd. of Unit 11 Hugh Business Park, Bacup Road, Waterfoot, Lancashire BB4 7BT. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions or if you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, you can contact us at [email protected] or write to us at the above address.
If you do not agree with the Terms, please do not use this Site or access any services made available through this Site.
Webuybooks.co.uk has been developed for use by members of the general public only and not by businesses. If you are selling products commercially or you are VAT registered you should not use this site; you should contact us with details of what you wish to sell and inform us of your VAT status. Similarly if you wish to sell multi copies of the same item(s) you should email us with details; you should not try and sell them through this website.
Only one account per person is allowed.
1. The contract between us
We must receive all the goods in the condition stated before your order can be accepted. Our payment of the price for the goods represents an offer on our part to purchase the goods, which will be accepted by us when we send to you an email that we have received the goods and that we are happy with them. Our acceptance of your goods brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
You must be the legal owner or have permission of the owner to sell the items through Webuybooks.co.uk
You must be at least 18 years old; or if you are under 18 years of age, that you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s consent to sell your items to us for the sum indicated via our website.
2. Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Webuybooks.co.uk. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website for any purpose.
3. Accuracy of content
We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all goods have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. Any weights, dimensions and capacities given about the goods are approximate only.
At our sole discretion we may put a limit on the number of books, CDs, DVDs and Games with the same ISBN or EAN barcode that we are prepared to make an offer for.
4. Damage to your computer
We try to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website. Except in the case of negligence on our part, we will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
5. Acceptance of Orders
All orders are subject to our acceptance at our sole discretion. All items are checked by our quality control team. Webuybooks.co.uk will not make payment for any item not meeting the condition guidelines set out on the website and Webuybooks.co.uk decision on this is final. Items that fail the quality process or ones sent that have not been included in the original trade can be returned at the expense of the customer as set out in ‘Return Postage Costs’ below. Any items which the customer does not wish to be returned will be recycled responsibly.
RETURN POSTAGE COSTS
The seller will be informed of any items which have failed the quality control process by email. Should Webuybooks.co.uk not receive any response within 3 working days of the initial email, a phone call will be made to the seller and if necessary a message will be left. If Webuybooks.co.uk receives no response within 24 hours of this phone call the cost of damaged or missing items will be removed from the offer and damaged items responsibly recycled.
*If the book is over 1KG, the postage costs may be more and the seller will be informed of this in advance.
You are able to correct errors on your trade up to the point on which you click on “submit” during the process.
The prices payable for goods that you trade are as set out in our offer. All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information.
Wherever it is not possible to accept your trade we will advise you by email.
8. Payment terms
All payments are made by cheque, paypal or bank credit transfer (you decide which method you prefer) within 7 days of your package being checked and deemed OK. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that the registered name and address and/or email address and/or sort code and account number is entered correctly and accurately. If the user’s bank refuses to pay the cheque due to an error in the user name, Webuybooks.co.uk reserve the right to make a reasonable administrative charge in the form of a deduction for the reissue of the cheque. If either the PayPal address or bank details are wrong and money goes to the wrong account and cannot be recovered then this loss will be deducted from the users account.
9. Delivery charges
The delivery charges are paid for by Webuybooks.co.uk.
10. Postage and Delivery
We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the goods until they have been received by us at our warehouse (unless this is caused by our negligence). Items lost whilst in the care of the courier are the courier’s responsibility.
Sellers are recommended to get proof of postage from the courier.
All parcels must be secured properly and appropriate packaging used as referred to in our packaging guidelines
You must use the address label provided.
WeBuyBooks.co.uk will become the owner of the goods upon receipt of the goods. Until the goods have been delivered to us they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
You must ensure that all parts of your order are sent at the same time. Should we receive only part of your order, we will cancel items that have not been received, and process the items we have received. Webuybooks.co.uk will not take responsibility for incomplete orders. You might be paid a reduced amount so that any additional postage costs incurred by Webuybooks.co.uk for an incomplete trade not meeting our minimum volume are covered.
You should not use an excessive number of boxes and incur WeBuyBooks.co.uk additional postage charges. E.g. if your items weigh less than 10Kg you should just use one box and not two or more. If you use excessive number of boxes this does have an additional cost to WeBuyBooks.co.uk and WeBuyBooks.co.uk reserve the right to deduct any additional and unnecessary postal charges from your payment.
11. Transaction Times
No warranty or guarantee is given as to the time taken to complete the transaction. Webuybooks will make reasonable endeavours to complete the process in a fair timescale. As guide to helping you understand the timescales involved:
- Parcels can take up to 7 days to arrive at Webuybooks
- Once the items have arrived Webuybooks will seek to check and process the books and make payment or dispatch a cheque within 5 working days although at busy times it may take a little longer.
- For cheques please note that these can take up to 7 working days to be delivered.
- Payments are posted to the address entered into the system on registration. Webuybooks.co.uk takes no responsibility for delays in receipt due to Post or the wrong address being entered onto the system.
- Regular communication will be sent via e-mail regarding the progress and status of each order or users may log onto their account and look into the order history for updates.
12. Risk and ownership
Risk of damage to or loss of the goods remains with you until the goods are delivered to Webuybooks.co.uk. We will only own the goods once they have been successfully delivered.
13. Acknowledgement and acceptance of your order
You will need to provide us with your e-mail address and we will notify you by e-mail as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your trade and e-mail you again to confirm details. An acceptance of your order will take place on receipt and quality check of the good(s) traded.
14. Cancellation rights
You can cancel the trade with us up to the point where you post the items to us. Once the items have been posted you cannot cancel or amend the order.
15. Cancellation by us
15.1 We reserve the right to cancel or amend the contract between us if:
- 15.1.1 the items you sent do not pass our quality check; or
- 15.1.2 are not delivered to us; or
- 15.1.3 one or more of the goods you traded was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information stated by us.
- 15.1.4 the items received are not the same as the items specified at the time of the initial offer
15.2 If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail. If the cancellation is due to our error we will send the items back to you. If the cancellation is due to wrong items received or not passing our quality check you will be informed of this by email and given 10 days to arrange for collection of the items. If they are not collected within 10 days they will be recycled by us in a responsible manner and you will not be paid for them.
16.1 Both parties shall only be liable under this contract for losses, which are a directly attributable to the relevant breach of contract and liability shall not exceed £20.00 for either party. We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings)
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the conditions.
16.2 While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
16.3 We make no warranty that the website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website.
16.4 You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to trade goods to us on our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you trade.
16.5 Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
16.6 The Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked web site on or through the Site or the Service does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at Webuybooks, Unit 1, Unicon Park, Todd Hall Road, Haslingden, BB4 5LA and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from to time.
18. Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
19. Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
22. Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.
24. Additional Items.
Any additional items that are sent in without our permission, will not be paid for.
If you wish to send in additional items that are not on your offer, you must let us know via email/phone call or live chat (this is limited to five items per offer. Any more than five, you will need to create a new offer) and we will make sure that if we are buying them, we will purchase them. The price we pay is the price that is offered when we come to check your items and must pass the condition guidelines.
Terms and Conditions of UPS Fast-Track service
The Fast Track service is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Fast Track is only applicable to orders which have been sent via UPS and to orders where PayPal or Bank Transfer has been selected as the method of payment.
2. If the website does not offer UPS as a method of shipping then Fast Track Payment is not a service that is available to you.
3. Under normal circumstances upon receipt of your items which should be the day after you shipped them, your items will be checked and if they meet the guidelines set out elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions you will paid for the items that same day.
4. For any reason whatsoever should all the shipped items not reach us the next day, payment will not be made. Payment can only be made after the items have been checked. However if there is a delay, upon receipt of the items we will use our best endeavours to process the items quickly and to make payment. Under such circumstances any Fast Track fee charged will be reimbursed.
5. If upon checking the items we find that one or more of the items does not comply with our condition guidelines to the extent where we need to adjust the total to be paid to you we will make one attempt to phone you and discuss this with you. If there is no response we will pay the adjusted total and send you an email setting out the reason for the amended payment. After discussion if it is agreed that some or all the money was deducted in error then this shall be paid to you.
6. You are responsible for providing accurate payment details (PayPal address or bank sort code and account number). If there is any error in these, payment may not go through to your account. We cannot be held responsible for any delays as a consequence to this.
7. The limit of our liability for any mistakes, errors or delays with the Fast Track Service (whether or not under our direct control) is the fee levied for the Fast Track Service. We cannot be held liable for any consequential losses, damages or any other impact on you or others as a result of a failure of the service.