The 10 Weirdest Book Covers Ever
We’re often told we shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover. However, sometimes that just isn’t possible and first impressions do count – as this motley band of tomes show. From the weird to the offensive, abandon all hope ye who read here:
1. Are Women Human? : And Other International Dialogues – Catherine A. McKinnon
No, women are superhuman OBVIOUSLY! Why do we need an “international dialogue” about it?
2. Anybody Can Be Cool, But Awesome Takes Practice – Lorraine Peterson
…and the people posing in this photo still have quite a long way to go, as well. You’ll never hear the words “Awesome” and “Mullet” in the same sentence.
3. She’s My Sister: Having a Retarded Sister – Jayne Claypool Milner
Don’t go anywhere near the follow up, either: ‘My Brother Has The Same IQ as a Dry Roasted Peanut’.
4. Still Stripping After 25 Years – Eleanor Burns
No wonder she needs glasses – and the rest of us need brain bleach. Lets hope she never drops a stitch again.
5. How To Avoid Huge Ships – Captain John W Trimmer
Maybe don’t go near the sea? …Or Ferry terminals? …Or ever watch Titanic again?
6. Reusing Old Graves – Douglas Davis and Alastair Shaw
I don’t know about you, but I’m falling over all the old graves I’ve got hanging around the house. I’ve turned one into an attractive water feature. The other 478 I haven’t got a clue what to do with. Lucky this book is on hand to give us some hints and tips.
7. The Manly Art of Knitting – Dave Fougner
Other titles in this feted series include ‘Flower Arranging – You Too Can Do It In Your Utility Belt’ and ‘How to Hammer a Coat Hook Without Smudging Your Nails’
8. Hitler: Neither Vegetarian, Nor Animal Lover – Rynn Berry
This is like saying ‘Stalin: Was Sometimes a Bit Mean’ or ‘Mussolini: Quite a Charmer When He Wasn’t Killing Folk’
9. Everything I Know About Women I Learned From My Tractor – Roger Welsch
Please let me out of the shed.
The combine harvester keeps ramming my grille.
Your loving wife,
10. The Practical Pyromaniac – William Gurstelle
Set fire to your loved ones, the quick and easy way. Simple tips to turn your home into a towering inferno and claim on the insurance.